Dr Tavakoli’s expertise in cosmetic surgery is unrivalled. The Pioneer of the Internal Bra and Fat Grafting in Breast Augmentation Surgery, he has performed over 5000 breast procedures with over 20 years of surgical experience.
Dr Tavakoli is a renowned Australian trained plastic surgeon specialising in cosmetic plastic surgery. He is widely regarded as an expert in breast augmentation and revision surgery and is committed to the education and training of new and established plastic surgeons.
Since going into private practice in 2004, Dr Tavakoli runs one of the busiest cosmetic surgery practices in the country, servicing patients from all over Australia and abroad. A frequent guest on The Morning Show medical panel, Dr Tavakoli’s opinion and expertise is often sought by the media and medical community.
Dr Tavakoli is also an industry leader in social media, adopting platforms such as Instagram and Snapchat to connect and engage with prospective patients. He has been featured in publications such as The Sydney Morning Herald for “changing the face of cosmetic surgery in Australia”.
"…educated patients are better patients. Access to authentic and unfiltered information regarding cosmetic procedures enables patients to make more informed decisions whilst gaining an insight into the procedures and recovery that has otherwise not been accessible."
– Dr Tavakoli
Achievements & Accolades:
- Master of Surgery (MS) and Postgraduate Research Degree in Plastic Surgery from UNSW.
- Postgraduate thesis on Paediatric (children’s) Craniofacial Distraction Osteogenesis used in treating children with facial deformities.
- Fellowship in Plastic Surgery from Royal Australasian College of Surgeons.
- Active member of the Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) and Australian Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (ASAPS).
- Instructor for the Mentor Master Class.
- At the forefront of new techniques such as fat grafting in breast augmentation, the Internal Bra and the Brazilian butt lift (a procedure Dr Tavakoli pioneered in Australia).
Cosmetic Surgery Experience & Conferences
In this field expertise is the key to success. Dr Tavakoli believes that the future of Plastic Surgery is “super-specialisation” in either Cosmetic Surgery or Reconstructive Surgery. Although trained in both reconstructive and cosmetic plastic surgery, Dr Tavakoli is one of a handful of Plastic Surgeons in Australia that has 100% commitment to the field of Cosmetic Surgery. A significant portion of Dr Tavakoli’s practice is devoted to Breast Augmentation, Mummy Makeovers and Rhinoplasty.
In addition to his Australian plastic surgery training (10 years in total) in Sydney and Melbourne, Dr Tavakoli has travelled to some of the major European and American Cosmetic Plastic Surgery Centres in order to get exposed to the latest surgical techniques:
- 2004 – Rome, Italy with Professor Marco Gasparotti at Villa Salaria: LIPOSCULPTURE (superficial)
- 2004 – Barcelona, Spain, Planas Clinica
- 2004 – London, England- Face Lift
- 2005 – Dallas, Texas- RHINOPLASTY
- 2006 – Sao Paulo, Brazil- Periareolar mastopexy
- 2007 – Stuttgart, Germany- RHINOPLASTY
- 2008 – Melbourne- Breast Augmentation Symposium
- 2009 – Dallas, Texas- RHINOPLASTY
- 2010 – Singapore- Dr Charles Randquist, Breast Master Class
- 2011 – Melbourne, Rhinoplasty Symposium
- 2011 – Sydney, Dr Per Heden Breast Augmentation Symposium
- 2012 – Melbourne, Eyelid surgery Symposium and Workshop
- 2012 – Stuttgart, Germany- Rhinoplasty Workshop
- 2012 – Melbourne- Upper Eyelid Surgery Workshop
- 2012 – Melbourne- Facelift Anatomy & Techniques
- 2013 – Stockholm, Sweden- Breast & Weight Loss surgery
- 2014 – Melbourne- Abdominoplasty & Buttock Fat Grafting
- 2015 – Stuttgart, Germany- Rhinoplasty Workshop
- 2015 – Milan, Italy – Rhinoplasty Masterclass
- 2015 – NYC, USA – Cutting Edge Symposium
- 2016 – Miami, USA – Brazilian Butt Lift
Continuing Medical Education (CME)
Dr Tavakoli has a commitment to attend and participate in meetings to provide a continuing high level of expertise in his surgical practice. Dr Tavakoli has always participated in the CME & CPD programs established by the Royal Australian College of Surgeons (RACS).
Pro Bono Work
Dr Tavakoli does perform Plastic and Reconstructive surgery free of charge on patients born with congenital disfigurement or victims of trauma who have genuine financial constraints. Please note that this generous work does not extend to patients wanting free cosmetic surgery. The stories will be treated with utmost confidentiality.
As a father, Dr Tavakoli is dedicated to the needy causes of Children in Australia and around the World. Proud contributions are made to the Sydney Children’s Hospital Silver Party, Westmead Children’s Hospital Spastic Disorders Unit, Australian Cancer Research Foundation, Juvenile Diabetes Foundation, Interplast, Save The Children Relief Fund, World Vision and UNICEF.