Increasing breast elevation with mastopexy (breast lift) surgery from Dr Tavakoli
Each year in Australia, thousands of women decide to have mastopexy surgery. More commonly referred to as breast lift surgery, mastopexy involves the removal of excess skin around the breasts, tightening and lifting.
As our bodies age, skin loses its natural firmness and elasticity. This leads to wrinkles and excess skin in various areas of the body, and commonly around the breasts.
A mastopexy is a procedure designed to reduce these effects by removing extra skin. There are many factors which drive women to inquire about mastopexy and surgery prices in Australia. Women may seek mastopexy surgery due to a desire for a change in appearance, or to remove extra skin after weight loss, pregnancy, or ageing. Whatever it is that motivates you to make the change, Dr Tavakoli and his team will help you.
The team provides in-depth consultation and assessment, free of charge, to help you better understand the process. As well of being free of charge, the consultation is also free from obligation.
There’s nothing to lose, and much to gain. Get in touch.
Mastopexy Costs vs Breast Augmentation Mammoplasty Costs
Breast lift, or mastopexy, procedures are often discussed alongside breast augmentation mammoplasty and breast implant procedures, although, in reality, the two types of surgery are very different.
During breast augmentation mammoplasty surgery, the physical size of the breast is changed through the use of an implant. On the other hand, whilst a mastopexy requires no implant, it does require the breast to be opened, excision of skin, realignment and manipulation of the breast tissue. It is a far more invasive procedure. As a result, the price of mastopexy surgery tends to be much higher then that of a breast augmentation mammoplasty. In essence, a breast lift (mastopexy) is more like a breast reduction mammoplasty, in that it involves the removal of excess tissue. However, it is only excess skin which is removed, and the size of the breast is not altered.
A mastopexy procedure may accompany an augmentation or reduction. We can discuss this with you during your consultation. Get in touch to get started.
What is the Complete Cost of a Breast Lift Mastopexy from Dr Tavakoli and his Team?
It is impossible to give an accurate answer to this question without first consulting with you. All patients are different. They each have their own motivation for the surgery, they each have their own outcomes, and they each have their own body types. Without first understanding this, we cannot deliver you a definitive cost.
This is one of the reasons why we hold our consultations before each and every surgical procedure. Not only does it help us give you an accurate quote of how much your surgery will cost, but it gives you a chance to put any queries you may have to our team.
While we cannot give you a detailed quote until we speak with you directly, we can give you a breakdown of the different cost components of your surgery. This helps you better understand what to expect:
The surgical team
Dr Tavakoli and his team strive to maintain high standards of care for each patient. The team’s fees are included in the surgery cost.
It is the anaesthetist who ensures that you are comfortable and pain-free throughout the entire process. This usage incurs a fee.
Dr Tavakoli’s clinic uses equipt facilities for surgical procedures.
Dr Tavakoli makes use of important equipment right through the surgery, up to and including the after-care equipment used by patients at home.
After-care and consultation
In-depth communication occurs at every stage of the process, from the very beginning through to the after-care assessment sessions. This comprehensive approach is covered by the fee.
Remember that the initial consultation and quote is delivered free of charge and obligation. Get in touch to arrange yours.
- How much does a mastopexy surgery cost? The price for mastopexy surgery can vary based on a number of factors. These include the length of the surgical procedure, or if any other surgeries need to take place as part of a broader package.
- Can I get implants at the same time when I have a mastopexy surgery? In some cases, this is possible. However, it all depends on the results you are after, including skin quality and other factors. We can discuss this with you during your consultation.
- Do you perform fat grafting with a mastopexy? Yes, fat grafting combined with a mastopexy surgery is becoming a very common and popular procedure in Dr Tavakoli’s Clinic, and represents the comprehensive set of results the clinic can achieve.
- How long is the expected recovery time? Recovery time varies between cases, and takes place in stages. Most patients will be able to drive within seven days following the operation, and will be able to resume normal activities within two or three weeks.
- Do you offer Scar treatment? Yes. After-care and post-operative assessment is a very important part of what Dr Tavakoli offers to mastopexy patients. This includes scar treatments, such as the latest Vascular and CO2 laser treatment if needed.
If you need further advice regarding the treatments we can offer, or if you’d like to get started, get in touch.