Fat grafting is a procedure that removes fat from unwanted areas on your body and reinjected into areas that require a fuller and smoother texture. Fat is used to contour areas, such as the buttock, to create a rounded and more defined shape. Fat transfer has become a trusted and reliable procedure worldwide due to its’ compatibility with the body and minimal risks and complications.
An added benefit of this technique is the combination of liposuction surgery , which provides the patient with a more contoured outcome. Dr Tavakoli will remove excess fat from another part of the body, harvest it, and inject the fat cells into the buttocks. By placing them close to a blood supply, the harvested fat cells are more likely to survive and not be reabsorbed by the body.
Consultation Preparation: Prior to your consultation with Dr Tavakoli ensure you are at a healthy weight that is stable, for our slimmer patients it is encouraged to gain a few extra kilo’s so that Dr Tavakoli can assess the areas of viable fat during the consultation and make sure you are a suitable candidate.
Before and After Buttock Augmentation by Dr Tavakoli. Liposuction to lower flanks (hips), abdomen and arms followed by purified fat transfer to create a perky, shapely buttocks whilst remaining in proportion to her figure. Patient photographed at 4 weeks post surgery.
Right Buttock cheek: 480mL, Left Buttock cheek: 480mL, Total fat transferred: 960mL.
Before and After Buttock Augmentation by Dr Tavakoli. Liposuction to lower flanks (hips), inner/outer thigh and abdomen followed by purified fat transfer to create a perky, rounded buttocks. Patient photographed at 8 weeks post surgery.
Right Buttock cheek: 350mL, Left Buttock cheek: 350mL, Total fat transferred: 700mL.
OUT OF PROPORTION AUGMENTATION
Before and After Buttock Augmentation by Dr Tavakoli. Liposuction to lower flanks (hips), inner/outer thigh and abdomen followed by purified fat transfer to create a perky, rounded, “out of proportion” buttocks. Patient photographed 3 weeks following surgery.
Right Buttock cheek: 400mL, Left Buttock cheek: 450mL, Total fat transferred: 850mL.
How is the procedure performed?
- Fat is removed from a donor area through a suction cannula. The technique is gentle and refined to help minimise trauma to the fat cells during the process. These techniques are proven to have favourable long term aesthetic results.
- Fat is then purified through vigorous filtering to separate the fat cells from the harvested fluid.
- It is then injected carefully, contouring and moulding into the desired area.
What should I expect after my procedure?
- You may wake with a dressing in tact after surgery. This will be changed at your fist post-operative appointment with the Nurse.
- Patients can expect to feel tender and slightly swollen after the procedure.
- You may be required to wear a pressure garment on the donor area.
- You are encouraged to mobilise immediately after surgery to promote healthy circulation.
Things to be aware of
- You may require multiple procedures to achieve your optimal result.
- Swelling, bruising and altered shape may be apparent in the first 4-8 weeks post surgery.
- Numbness may be evident.
- Understanding the procedure’s capability and having realistic expectations.