Dr Tavakoli’s Philosophy on Cheek / Buccal Fat Pad Removal Sydney
Buccal fat extraction, more commonly known as buccal fat pad removal is a procedure that removes the fat pads that augment the lower part of the cheeks. Buccal means cheeks and is typically pronounced in the same way as buckle. You may have heard it called cheek reduction surgery, as well.
This cheek fat pad removal produces a chiselled, hollowed, look like when you purse your lips to whistle or when you see someone suck on a cigarette. Buccal fat pad removal is a procedure that is often sought to remedy chipmunk cheeks.
Generally speaking, the cost of Buccal fat pad removal surgery will consist of the following :
- Surgeon’s Fee (Dr Tavakoli, Cosmetic Plastic Surgeon) and Assistant Fee
- Anaesthetic Doctor’s Fee
- Theatre Fee
- Day Bed Fee
The Typical Patient
- Look of round or puffy face especially in mid cheeks.
- Desire for a thinner appearing face, especially in dimple areas.
- Feeling of fullness or excess fat in the mid cheek region which is out of balance to the rest of the face and neck.
- A light general anesthesia can be used and it takes about one hour.
- An incision is made inside the mouth and the fat pad is removed. There are no visible incisions on the face in buccal fat extraction.
- This fat pad (called Bichets fat pad) can also be removed from the top at the time of a facelift.
- Buccal fat pad reduction can be combined with the facelift or other plastic surgery procedures.
- You can go home after several hours after buccal fat pad removal.
- Need regular mouth washes & stay on soft diet for a few days.
- Minimal or no pain, swelling, or bruising is usual.
- Able to apply make-up and be seen in public the next day.
- Resume most activities within the first week.
- Stitches dissolve after 10 days.
- Off work for a few days.
Buccal fat pad removal results in a very natural, more sculptured and thin appearance to the mid-face.