The household name for elite plastic surgery in Australia, Dr Tavakoli’s expertise in cosmetic surgery is unrivalled. The pioneer of the Internal Bra and Fat Grafting in Breast Augmentation Surgery, he performs over 900 operations per year making his practice one of the busiest in the world.
Dr Tavakoli is a world renowned Australian trained plastic surgeon with over 20 years of surgical experience. He is regarded as an industry leader in breast augmentation and revision surgery and is committed to the education and training of new and established plastic surgeons.
With a Master of Surgery from UNSW, Dr Tavakoli’s expertise on fat grafting and breast surgery are widely respected by his colleagues. He has performed over 6000 breast augmentations with his practice acting as a referral centre for complex breast revision.
For Dr Tavakoli, innovation is everything and this has been a driving force behind his surgical philosophy.
His exclusive practice in Double Bay attracts patients who expect the highest of standards and Dr Tavakoli prides himself on meeting his patients' goals in a safe and consistent manner.
Known for his exceptional breast results, natural looking rhinoplasty, body transforming mummy makeovers and Brazilian butt lifts, Dr Tavakoli is well experienced in multiple techniques enabling him to combine methods to give his patients the best possible outcome. In an era of ‘one hit wonders’ Dr Tavakoli’s patients are able to benefit from his diverse skill set and eye for detail.
Since going into private practice in 2004, Dr Tavakoli runs one of the busiest cosmetic plastic surgery practices in the country. His boutique practice, colloquially referred to as the ‘Chanel of Plastic Surgery’ services patients from all over Australia and abroad. A frequent guest on The Morning Show medical panel, ABC and Sunday Night, Dr Tavakoli’s opinion and expertise are sought after by the media and medical community.
Always an innovator, Dr Tavakoli is the Industry leader in social media. With a combined following of over 600,000 across his social media and a weekly audience reach of over 3 million people globally, Dr Tavakoli utilises social platforms such as Instagram and Snapchat to engage and educate future patients.
He has been featured in publications such as The Sydney Morning Herald for “changing the face of cosmetic surgery in Australia”.
"…educated patients are better patients. Access to authentic and unfiltered information regarding cosmetic procedures enables patients to make more informed decisions whilst gaining an insight into the procedures and recovery that has otherwise not been accessible."
– Dr Tavakoli
Dr Tavakoli has also amassed a niche following of medical students, doctors and fellow surgeons on his snapchat who enjoy observing and learning from one of the leaders in plastic surgery.
Achievements & Accolades:
- Master of Surgery (MS) and Postgraduate Research Degree in Plastic Surgery from UNSW.
- Postgraduate thesis on Paediatric (children’s) Craniofacial Distraction Osteogenesis used in treating children with facial deformities.
- Fellowship in Plastic Surgery from Royal Australasian College of Surgeons.
- Active member of the Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) and Australian Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (ASAPS).
- Instructor for the Mentor Master Class.
- At the forefront of new techniques such as fat grafting in breast augmentation, the Internal Bra and the Brazilian Butt Lift (BBL) (a procedure Dr Tavakoli pioneered in Australia).
- Guest Speaker at the 40th Annual ASAPS conference, lecturing on fat grafting in breast surgery and Brazilian Butt Lift (BBL)
Cosmetic Surgery Experience & Conferences
In this field experience, expertise and innovation are the key to success. Dr Tavakoli believes that the future of Plastic Surgery is “super-specialisation” in either Cosmetic Surgery or Reconstructive Surgery. Although he has trained in both reconstructive and cosmetic plastic surgery, Dr Tavakoli is one of only a handful of Plastic Surgeons in Australia with a practice solely committed to Cosmetic Surgery. As a result, the majority of Dr Tavakoli’s practice is dedicated to breast surgery, Mummy Makeovers and Rhinoplasty.
In addition to his 10 years of Australian plastic surgery training in Sydney and Melbourne, Dr Tavakoli has also travelled to some of the major European and American Cosmetic Plastic Surgery Centres ensuring he is up to date with the latest surgical techniques and practices.
- 2004 – Rome, Italy with Professor Marco Gasparotti at Villa Salaria: LIPOSCULPTURE (superficial)
- 2004 – Barcelona, Spain – Planas Clinica
- 2004 – London, England – Face Lift
- 2005 – Dallas, Texas – RHINOPLASTY
- 2006 – Sao Paulo, Brazil – Periareolar mastopexy
- 2007 – Stuttgart, Germany – RHINOPLASTY
- 2008 – Melbourne – Breast Augmentation Symposium
- 2009 – Dallas, Texas – RHINOPLASTY
- 2010 – Singapore – Dr Charles Randquist, Breast Master Class
- 2011 – Melbourne – Rhinoplasty Symposium
- 2011 – Sydney – Dr Per Heden Breast Augmentation Symposium
- 2012 – Melbourne – Eyelid surgery Symposium and Workshop
- 2012 – Stuttgart, Germany – Rhinoplasty Workshop
- 2012 – Melbourne – Upper Eyelid Surgery Workshop
- 2012 – Melbourne – Facelift Anatomy & Techniques
- 2013 – Stockholm, Sweden – Breast & Weight Loss surgery
- 2014 – Melbourne – Abdominoplasty & Buttock Fat Grafting
- 2015 – Stuttgart, Germany – Rhinoplasty Workshop
- 2015 – Milan, Italy – Rhinoplasty Masterclass
- 2015 – NYC, USA – Cutting Edge Symposium
- 2016 – Miami, USA – Brazilian Butt Lift
- 2017 – Stockholm, Sweden – Beauty Through Science
- 2017 – Melbourne – 40th Annual ASAPS Conference (Guest Speaker)
Continuing Medical Education (CME)
Dr Tavakoli is committed to providing a consistently high level of expertise in his practice and therefore regularly attends and participates in the CME & CPD programs established by the Royal Australian College of Surgeons (RACS).
Pro Bono Work
Dr Tavakoli does perform Plastic and Reconstructive surgery free of charge on patients born with congenital disfigurement or victims of trauma who have genuine financial constraints. Please note that this generous work does not extend to patients wanting free cosmetic surgery. All pro bono work is treated with utmost confidentiality.
As a father, Dr Tavakoli is dedicated to the needy causes of Children in Australia and around the World. Proud contributions are made to the Sydney Children’s Hospital Silver Party, Westmead Children’s Hospital Spastic Disorders Unit, Australian Cancer Research Foundation, Juvenile Diabetes Foundation, Interplast, Save The Children Relief Fund, World Vision and UNICEF.