Dr Tavakoli specialises in reconstructive breast surgery, and is renowned for his techniques in the correction of breast asymmetry.
Breast asymmetry describes breasts that may demonstrate different size, shape, nipple and areola characteristics, or any combination of these. While breast asymmetry is extremely common, mild discrepancies in breast form can be identified in most women.
Moderate to severe Breast asymmetry can psychologically affect women’s self-esteem. Patients are usually self-conscious as symptoms present at a young age. Treatment options must be presented with emphasis on improvement in results and not achieving “perfection”, rather balanced, proportional, and natural results.
Every case of asymmetric breasts is different, and every woman’s desire for breast enhancement and balance is unique.
Dr Tavakoli is a world leader in breast corrective surgery. With his vast experience and passion for breast transformation, Dr Tavakoli specialises in creating natural, in-proportion breast correction and augmentation. He has performed the most amount of breast surgery in Australia to date.
Breast Asymmetry Correction – View gallery
Most women have some degree of minor breast asymmetry, differences of greater than 10% need to be addressed. There are many degrees and combinations of breast asymmetry. Women may present with one, combination or all of the below.
- Unilateral Breast hypertrophy and breast hypoplasia – one large breast, one small breast,
- Unilateral or asymmetric Breast ptosis – breast droop or one breast hangs lower than the other,
- Areola asymmetry – differences in nipple areola size, projection or bulge,
- Chest wall deformity –concaved or protruding chest wall.
Dr Tavakoli’s Classification of Breast Asymmetry
Breast Asymmetry is a three dimensional problem & can involve not only the size and shape of Breasts but also asymmetry in the Nipple areolar complex (NAC).
Breast Asymmetry without Breast ptosis or NAC asymmetry: Non-tuberous breasts
Breast Asymmetry without Breast ptosis or NAC asymmetry: Tuberous breasts
Breast Asymmetry, Unilateral Breast ptosis with NAC asymmetry: Non-tuberous breasts
Breast Asymmetry, Unilateral Breast ptosis with NAC asymmetry: Tuberous breasts
Breast Asymmetry, Bilateral Breast ptosis with NAC asymmetry: Non-Tuberous breasts
Breast Asymmetry, Bilateral Breast ptosis with NAC asymmetry: Tuberous breasts
Dr Tavakoli specialises in natural, in-proportion breast asymmetry. During your consultation, Dr Tavakoli will assess and measure your level of asymmetry. In most cases, you will be referred for a 3D CT scan to measure your degree of asymmetry. Dr Tavakoli will use your CT scan in conjunction with intra-operative sizing techniques to give you the most symmetrical results following surgery.
Dr Tavakoli’s Technique
- Use of Mentor implant matrix both Round & Anatomical (teardrop) - CPG range
- Breast Fold lowering techniques & reconstruction
- Dual Plane Level 1, 2 and 3
- Extensive Fat grafting
- Periareolar to Vertical Mastopexy Techniques to re-align the nipples and Deproject Tuberous breasts.
Dr Tavakoli uses minimal scarring techniques and will assess you individually as to which technique he will use to lift the breast. This will not only correct the shape of the breast, but also correct nipple position and size.
- Tuberous breast deformity – unusual breast shape with varying degrees of breast constriction, areola herniation, size discrepancy, and asymmetry.
Tuberous breast deformity is almost always associated with breast asymmetry. Correction of breast asymmetry is a lot more complex than straight forward breast augmentation, therefore Dr Tavakoli will see you at your consultation and explain to you what degree of tuberous breast that you have. He will then explain to you the surgical technique he will use to correct this. View our tuberous breast gallery here.
Dr Tavakoli may use one or a combination of the following techniques to correct your breast asymmetry:
29 year old Asian female, nil pregnancies, asymmetrical breasts, moderate chest wall, height 160cm, weight 46kg. Moderate plus, Siltex, round silicone gel textured implants Size right 325cc, Size left 300cc.
Fat Graft to help contour the smaller breast - read more here
Fat grafting can be like the "icing on the cake" which sets Dr Tavakoli's work apart from the rest and helps to achieve the amazingly natural results that you can see in our photo galleries.
24 year old female, asymmetrical breasts Right size: 180cc Left size: 330cc gel implant 100mls of fat grafting to the left breast.
Fat Graft to bottom of breast - Pure Fat injected to cleavage area. Right: 430cc Left: 430cc 20 mls fat from abdomen to left breast to treat double-bubble.
27yo female, nil pregnancies, Breast Asymmetry and Tuberous breast deformity grade 3, CPG 445cc-332, tall height, moderate profile, teardrop silicone gel implants, placed dual-plane.
Breast Asymmetry corrected with breast augmentation and mastopexy (lollypop).
Breast Mastopexy (lollypop) performed to correct tuberous asymmetry.
Breast asymmetry can also be corrected by reducing the larger breast. This will correct "droopiness" and regain perkiness of the breast with Dr Tavakoli's total breast reshaping.
Chest Wall Deformity & Breast Augmentation
- Upto 20% of patients seeking Breast Augmentation have some degree of Chest wall concerns
- Failure to recognise & discuss can lead to undesirable outcomes
- Chest Xray
- Thoracic CT scan with 3-D Reconstruction
- Seek Thoracic surgeon opinion in selected cases
- Spectrum of Deformities
- Pectus Excavatum
- Pectus Carinatum
- Prominent costochondral junction
- Rib torsion
- Rib rotation
- Flaring of lower costal cartilages
- Poland’s Sydnrome
- (+/-)Scoliosis & Kyphosis
- Thoracic surgery for severe cases
- Breast Augmentation
- Dual Plane
- Pocket medial & Superior
- Anatomical (teardrop) CPG Range 332, 331 & 322
- Wide Based & Moderate projection
- Fat Graft used extensively to camouflage defects
- Prefabricated Solid silicone implants
Any surgical or invasive procedure carries risks. Before proceeding, you should seek a second opinion from an appropriately qualified health practitioner.