What to expect from breast augmentation mammoplasty surgery in Sydney and Melbourne, provided to you by Dr Tavakoli and his team
It’s official; breast implant procedures (augmentation mammoplasty) are still the most popular surgery processes for patients in Australia. Research conducted in 2017 found that, despite stiff competition from liposuction and eyelid surgery, breast augmentation mammoplasty is still number one.
In basic terms, breast augmentation mammoplasty surgery involves an incision made in the breast area, through which an implant is inserted. During modern procedures, this implant is usually made from silicone. The incision is then closed and the healing process begins, after which the breasts appear larger.
There are a broad range of factors which lead women to get breast implant surgery in Sydney, in Melbourne, and across Australia.
Whatever your own motivation, Dr Tavakoli and his team will be able to develop a custom-made plan for your needs. It all begins with a consultation. But how much will the procedure cost? What is the average cost of a breast augmentation mammoplasty procedure in Australia?
Average Costs and Treatment Breakdown for Breast Augmentation Mammoplasty Procedures
It is difficult to say precisely how much the surgery will cost. Every case is different, and the desired outcomes of one patient may not match those of another. However, because the surgery involves the insertion of carefully crafted implants, the whole process may be a little more expensive than other surgical procedures.The only way that Dr Tavakoli can provide you with an accurate quote for your procedure is if you first arrange a one-on-one consultation. This will give the doctor and his team a chance to properly understand the work you need and the results you want.
The cost of the process will be made up of the following fees:
It is important that you receive the services of a qualified medical team who you can rely on. The fees of the surgeon and the assistant surgeon make up a significant portion of the total cost for the surgery.
A qualified anaesthetist is always on hand to make sure that you are comfortable and pain-free throughout the entire process. As the insertion of breast implants is a fairly invasive procedure, a general anaesthetic is administered.
The total fee for the anaesthetist is dependent on how long the procedure takes. This will be discussed during your consultation.
Modern silicone implants tend to be more expensive than their older saline counterparts.
As these implants are designed to be permanent long terms devices, their cost must be factored into that of the surgical procedure. It is usually this additional cost which makes breast augmentation mammoplasty a little more expensive than other procedures.
Dr Tavakoli’s theatre in Sydney is fit with all the equipment and facilities required to perform surgery. The fee for the theatre covers the use of all equipment contained within, and will be discussed during the consultation.
Consultation and After Assessment
Communication is a critical part of what Dr Tavakoli offers to his clients. This gives the doctor a chance to get to know what you need and how to go about achieving the desired results, and also provide an opportunity for you to ask any questions.
To monitor your healing after the surgery, after-assessments are required. These are similar to the initial consultation, but they help to encourage positive long-term results and the patient’s healing. These costs are included in the total for the surgery.
It may also be necessary for you to wear supports and other garments following the procedure, in order to protect the area while it heals.
Ready to begin? Remember that your consultation is delivered free of charge and free from obligation. Get in touch with the team and see what we can do for you.
Breast Implant FAQ
- How long do I need to stay in Sydney? You will need to stay in Sydney for three to five days, giving you the chance to receive an initial briefing, to complete the surgery, and to undergo the necessary after-care assessment.
- Can I have my surgery and consultation in the same week? Yes, you can. Dr Tavakoli offers the option to have your consultation and your surgery in the same week.
- How many follow up appointments do I need? This varies on a case by case basis. Dr Tavakoli recommends that you come back for appointments at least three times following surgery, at the two-week, 12-week and six-month stages.
- Can I get a quote before I fly up to see Dr Tavakoli? Yes – whether you need surgery in Melbourne or Sydney, Dr Tavakoli offers an online consultation. After this, he will provide you with a written quote for surgery prior to booking your appointment. If you don’t agree with the quote, you do not need to go ahead with the appointment, but most of our patients find our rates reasonable.
- Do I need to bring anyone with me? Yes, you must be accompanied by a chaperone for 24 hours following your surgery. After your surgery, you will still be feeling the effects of the anaesthetic, so driving is out of the question. It is not recommended to be by yourself during this recovery time.
Interested in achieving the results you need with a breast augmentation mammoplasty procedure from Dr Tavakoli and his team? Get in touch to book your consultation.